Monday, September 16, 2013

Unit 4 Test Questions


You are the RN charge nurse on the medical surgical unit, and you are in charge of delegating assignments for the shift. Which of the following would be the most appropriate to delegate to the LPN/LVN?

A.      A 25 year old patient who requires IV antibiotic therapy, and needs a PICC line dressing change before administering the antibiotic.

B.      A 72 year old patient who requires Lasix 20mg IV push

C.      A 50 year old patient who is 3 days post op and requires a simple dressing change

D.      A 45 year old patient who is a newly diagnosed diabetic and requires discharge teaching

 

You are caring for a patient who is newly diagnosed with Congestive Heart Failure CHF. Which statement by the patient would indicate that your patient teaching has been a success?

A.      I will watch my salt intake and ensure that I do not exceed 4g or 4000mg per day in my diet

B.      I will conduct a daily weight, keep a log of my daily weight, and report to my doctor immediately any weight gain of 3 or more pounds in one day

C.      If I feel that I am urinating too frequently, I will not take my diuretic for a few days to help with the frequency of urination, after all, I don’t want to fall getting out of bed so much at night

D.      I will just smoke one half pack of cigarettes per day, as this is healthier than one pack.
 
 

Which statement by the client receiving anticoagulation therapy with Coumadin would indicate a need for further teaching?

A.      If I notice that I have a bruise that is three inches or bigger and continually gets larger, I will seek immediate medical help.

B.      I will eat green leafy vegetables in moderation, as they are healthy, but can increase the thickness of my blood, potentially causing a clot.

C.      I will keep all scheduled appointments for blood work because it is important to monitor my PT/ INR levels to ensure that my Coumadin dose is therapeutic

D.      If I get a severe headache, worse than any other headache I have ever had in my life, I will take two aspirin, and take a nap, as that should help

No comments:

Post a Comment